Open Weekdays: - 8.30am - 5.00pm / Saturdays 8.30am - 11.00am / Tel: - 01782 610576
Open Weekdays: - 8.30am - 5.00pm / Saturdays 8.30am - 11.00am / Tel: - 01782 610576
1. The completion of a booking, and the subsequent receipt of a confirmation email for a car service, MOT, repairs or any future offering by Pool Street Garage Ltd constitutes a binding contract between the Customer and Pool Street Garage Ltd.
2. All person(s) using either the Pool Street Garage Ltd website or calling Pool Street Garage Ltd, by telephone to make a booking should be at least 17 years of age and reside in the UK.
3. Pool Street Garage Ltd shall provide the customer with detailed costing information of their car repairs and servicing before any work is started. All work and costs, including additional work must be approved by the customer before said work is carried out.
4. It is always the intention of Pool Street Garage Ltd. to complete the Customer's car MOT, Service or repairs within 1 day, Exceptions to this rule can include special order parts, Clutch's, Engine repairs, Gearboxes and Bodywork and will be explained to you at time of booking with an approximate date for completion. Sometimes - due to reasons beyond the control of Pool Street Garage - late delivery may be necessary. Should this be the case, the customer will be advised accordingly by a member of Staff.
5. All work is subject to VAT as required by UK law, with the exception of MOT test fee which is VAT exempt.
6. All person(s) using Pool Street Garage Ltd. for MOT / Repairs agree to attend at the agreed appointment time scheduled. If this is unavoidable then Pool Street Garage Ltd. should be contacted with 24 hours’ notice to reschedule and rearrange.
7. Pool Street Garage Ltd. will fully support your vehicle's service history. Upon completion of any Service completed your vehicle's service book will be stamped.
8. All vehicle servicing and repairs performed by Pool Street Garage Ltd. carries a 12-month (or 10,000 - whichever comes first) warranty. The warranty covers replacement parts - should they be defective - or related workmanship. This only applies to Parts supplied by Pool Street Garage Ltd, and not parts which have been supplied by the customer.
9. The warranty / repairs is dependent on: A) Pool Street Garage Ltd being given an opportunity to investigate and rectify any faults within a reasonable timeframe and providing that the vehicle has not been investigated and / or repaired by another Garage / Mechanic or Repairer. B) The manufacturer's vehicle operating instructions being followed; Ensuring the vehicle is serviced at a frequency recommended by the manufacturer (for the relevant time and distance); Full compliance with Pool Street Garage Ltd advisories, warnings and information or any instructions provided by Pool Street Garage Ltd; The parts or workmanship performed by Pool Street Garage Ltd not being subjected to abnormal conditions or unreasonable wear and tear.
10. Pool Street Garage Ltd does not accept any liability for damage, losses or theft resulting from the storage of customer vehicles at Pool Street Garage Ltd If any damage / problems upon collection of your vehicle are noticed it is required to be reported within 24 hours of leaving Pool Street Garage Ltd. (excluding Saturday collections, which should be reported immediately on Monday AM). Failure to do so can result in Pool Street Garage Ltd. refusing to accepting any liability. Liability is also void if a customers vehicle has been taken to another repairer within this time frame.
11. As a customer, you are entitled to cancel a booking or request for any appointment. 24 hours’ notice is required prior to the agreed appointment time This can be done by contacting us on 01782 610576 and is the customers responsibility to take details of the Pool Street Garage Ltd staff member that they spoke to as a reference. Leaving a voicemail / email is not sufficient as a limited number of staff have access to this methods. Failing to do so can lead to Pool Street Garage Ltd refusing to re-schedule any further appointments. If outside repair services providers are booked to assist in repairs to your vehicle such as Windscreen Repairs, Bodyshop repairs, alloy wheel repairs and interior fabric repairs a call out charge may be issued to the customer if 24 notice of cancelation is not given.
12. A) Pool Street Garage Ltd. offers a free vehicle collection and delivery service. The target vehicle collection time is between 9am and 11am from an address which has been pre-arranged and agreed. Changes to delivery / collection address need to be informed to Pool Street Garage Ltd with 24 hours’ notice. The target delivery return time is 4pm and 5pm and again to a pre-agreed address which is the same as the collection address. If unforeseen circumstances cause the vehicle to be collected/delivered outside these times, the customer shall be updated by a Pool Street Garage Ltd representative. If your vehicle is undrivable then recovery will need to be arranged. If desired, Pool Street Garage can provide quotations for the cost of vehicle recovery from the nominated collection address. Alternatively, this can be arranged independently either with your insurance provider or a vehicle recovery company of your choosing. Vehicle recovery is not included within our free collection and delivery service.
B) Under new MOT test regulations - effective 20 May 2018 - a vehicle with defects classified as 'dangerous' may not be driven on public roads in England, Scotland or Wales unless corrective work is undertaken. If the defects remain unfixed, legally the vehicle may not be driven from the test centre either by Pool Street Garage Ltd - as part of prearranged delivery, or by the customer or any third party. The vehicle may be collected via a recovery service arranged either privately or via Pool Street Garage Ltd, at a cost to be incurred by the customer. A vehicle with defects classified as 'major' will only be delivered at the discretion of the garage; Pool Street Garage Ltd may ask the vehicle owner to either collect or arrange for the vehicle to be recovered.
C) If at any arranged collection or delivery address parking restrictions are in place, such as Parking Permits or Car parking charges Pool Street Garage Ltd. needs to be pre-informed of this and it is not the responsibility for Pool Street Garage to incur any fees or costs.
13. In the event of a courtesy vehicle being offered to the customer for the duration of their repair period the customer must agree to all terms and conditions of the said policy put in place by Pool Street Garage Ltd. The customer is responsible for providing their own insurance for the courtesy vehicle. All courtesy cars provided are only to be driven by the person which it was issued to and no other family or friends are covered or permitted to drive the vehicle. Pool Street Garage Ltd provides the use of the vehicle but not Fuel expenses and all vehicles should be returned with the equivalent amount of Fuel provided at the time of issue. Any accidents / damage to Pool Street Garage Ltd courtesy vehicles should be reported to a member of staff immediately.
14. Pool Street Garage Ltd shall not be held responsible for loss, theft or damage to item(s), valuables or monies contained within customers vehicles for the duration of the contracted work - including vehicle collection and delivery.
15. Pool Street Garage Ltd is not liable for any loss, damage or delay in the services it provides should such services be subject to: an act of God, industrial action such as strikes or government disputes, factors outside the control of Pool Street Garage Ltd.
16. It is the responsibility of the customer to inform a member of Pool Street Garage Ltd. offside staff if a black box or similar device such as a tracker are fitted. Road tests are sometimes required depending on the nature of repairs and if Pool Street Garage Ltd. have not been made aware then we accept no responsibility if a breach is made.
17. Where applicable – Pool Street Garage Ltd adhere to relevant Health & Safety legislation.
18. Should any complaint arise following vehicle MOT’s, Repairs and Servicing performed by Pool Street Garage Ltd, all subsequent communications that are made concerning the resolution of the complaint should be restricted between Pool Street Garage Ltd and the customer.
19. Pool Street Garage Ltd endeavours to resolve all disputes amicably and professionally within a 28-day period.
20. In the event of a customers vehicle having repairs carried out at Pool Street Garage Ltd. for an ongoing / existing problem which has previously been diagnosed / repaired at another Vehicle repair garage / Mechanic then we will accept no responsibility for their standard of work and this therefore has no reflection on Pool Street Garage Ltd attempting to rectify any previous mistakes. This also applies to customers who have attempted their own repairs without success. Only work diagnosed by Pool Street Garage Ltd staff members is accountable by ourselves and only parts which we have supplied during this process will be covered by our warranty. This also applies to any work that has been carried out by Pool Street Garage and a further problem arises, Pool Street Garage must be given the opportunity to rectify the problem first before taking the vehicle to another repair centre for any repairs. If this should happen then we accept no responsibility for any charges you incur from another repairer.
21. Pool Street Garage Ltd guarantees to beat any 'Full Service' or 'Interim Service' price offered by the main dealers on a like-for-like basis. This excludes any short-term promotions, such as 'January Sale', 'Black Friday' or 'Cyber Tuesday'. A written comparable quote of the offer in question should be provided as evidence of the comparable offer. 'Full Service' and 'Interim Service' prices do not take into account potentially advised additional work.
22. Should a transaction exceed £1,000 - or should a fraud alert be raised – Pool Street Garage Ltd reserves the right to ask for payment to be made via BACS/CHAPS.
23. By using and/or visiting any section (including sub-domains) of the Terms of Conditions, you agree to be bound by (i) these Terms and Conditions and the Rules applicable to the services we offer, and are deemed to have accepted and understood all the Terms.